Date: Apr 5, 2014
Location Carson, CA, US
Company: Tesoro Companies Inc.
This position provides electrical engineering support to ensure reliable operations of refinery’s electrical power distribution system. Performs condition monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis and project support.
- Tracks and reports on electrical events and distribution equipment performance. Assists in design of high and low voltage electrical systems. Maintains baseline appraisals of electrical capacity, identifying load flows, problem areas and areas of excess capacity. Recommends appropriate measures to control, manage and correct issues. Monitors critical equipment to identify improvement opportunities ensuring power generation and distribution system operated at maximum efficiency and reliability.
- Provides capital and expense projects support though participation in technical reviews to ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards. Assists team in Project Execution stage in completion of detailed design, construction and installation of facilities and equipment.
- Collects and analyzes performance data utilizing techniques/tools such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis (RCA), risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues. Champions reliability practices and fosters integration into plant operations.
- Supports investigations on incidents involving electrical system disturbances and electrical equipment failures. Ensures compliance with Process Safety Management and Management of Change (MOC). Participates in Process Hazards Analyses (PHA) for refinery process units.
- In conjunction with Maintenance, assists in design, implementation and maintenance of reliability-centered maintenance programs for critical electrical equipment. Ensures predictive and preventive maintenance activities and frequencies are appropriate based on equipment criticality and failure history.
EDUCATION and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in electrical engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years electrical engineering experience in heavy industry or utilities required.
- Experience in refining or petrochemical industries preferred.
This position is part of an Engineering Technical Ladder with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is an independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products. Tesoro, through its subsidiaries, operates six refineries in the western United States with a combined capacity of over 845,000 barrels per day. Tesoro's retail-marketing system includes over 2,200 retail stations under the Tesoro®, Shell®, ARCO® and USA Gasoline™ brands, of which 595 are company operated.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Posting Notes: || Carson || California || United States (US) || J2W:RIG; SF:LI-TB-1 || |Engineering || 90810 ||
Nearest Major Market: Long Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Refinery, Engineering, Energy
We noticed that you are already a member of our Talent Community. Please enter your password to continue.
We noticed that you already started to apply for a job in our system. Please enter your password to continue.
Already a Member
You are already a user of this site. Please sign in.
Start Your Application
Create a new account now!
* required field